After completing my first game deconstruction, I realized one thing:
That was way too exhausting.
About halfway through I was beginning to lose interest. It felt like academia all over again, and that's not the reason I started this blog. Additionally, I'm not convinced anyone is interested in reading a blog post of that length in its entirety.
For that reason, I'm going to do deconstructions in a different fashion going forward. For a single blog post, I will focus on a single element or a small combination of elements from a particular game. I may reference other parts of the game or other games that have similar elements, but only as necessary and as briefly as possible.
I think these excercises are beneficial enough to go through the process of doing them but only under a scope that doesn't burn me out.
Post a Comment